We specialise in designing & creating quality handcrafted Dog Collars, Leads, & a range of Accessories.
Meet the Maker
I take pride in each and every single product I make, and I hope you too will love our range
Hi I'm Paula,
Bailey was my inspiration behind my business, since having him as a puppy, I couldn't find Bright, Colourful and classy Collars for him, so took it upon myself to learn how to make one for him. When taking him for walks, we always had comments such as "Where did you get that from", "oh he looks so smart", After much planning, research and designing, I decided upon new and exciting career path setting up my own business, leaving behind my Corporate Role.
As a business we specialise in Quality Handcrafted Dog Apparel to ensure your dog can have fashionable, bright and colourful Collars, Leads and Accessories for any occasion, ensuring they will always get noticed!
I personally make all of our Collars, Leads and Dog Apparel at my working studio in Dunston, Gateshead, nothing is produced overseas, The Eco Dog Design Company only produce British Handcrafted Products.
As part of the ethos to building the business I wanted to ensure we could have more of an awareness to environment, therefore we use Local and National Suppliers to reduce our Carbon Footprint, all of our packaging and marketing materials are made from recycled materials and we also run a Return, Recycle and Renew Scheme.
As a business we will always strive to achieve a more Eco Friendly outlook in our products as its nice to know we are doing our best towards helping the environment.
We currently have over 60 Fabric choices across 8 main Product Ranges. We launch new Fabrics quarterly to ensure that we always have something to suit everyone's tastes.
The Eco Dog Designs Company handcraft products for every season to meet the needs of Eco-friendly and fashion forward customers who want to dress their dogs in functional and stylish clothing while maintaining a healthy, eco-friendly lifestyle for both themselves and their pets.
We have an extensive range of Products in a variety of fabric choices and sizes, however if you can not find what you are looking for, we can offer a custom and bespoke designs for you, please Contact Us to request a personalised order.
As we grow and develop as a business, so to do our products!! we regularly introduce new fabrics, and create new product ranges based upon customer feedback creating new exciting ranges that we know you and your Dog will love. If you have an idea and would like to see it brought to life, please get in touch!
Watch this space for more information and updates.
As being an Eco business the Planet is at the heart of how we operate. We always support the change we want to see in the world.
As such, we have partnered with Ecologi, where every month we plant trees as a way to give back and offset our Carbon footprint.
Click here to find how many trees we now have in our forest.
We have also signed the UK Government SME Climate Hub to pledge to be Carbon Neutral by 2050.
At The Eco Dog Designs Company operationally there are a number of things we do towards being Eco Friendly;
What you will receive
* We use recycled cardboard packaging and tissue wrapping.
* Our marketing materials are used with recycled paper.
* All of our Packaging Boxes are made from recycled materials.
* Our sizing tags are made with recycled cardboard.
* We use biodegradable dog waste bags with our orders.
* Where possible our products are made from up cycled and donated fabrics
* Keeping the Eco Ethos we have a Cork Leather range of Products
* We always ensure our Eco Ethos is at the heart of all of our product range
* We ethically source components from likeminded suppliers
* We link into other local small businesses to bring a wider range of great Eco dog products that you will not find on the high street.
How we Operate
* We reuse plastic bags received from our delivery packaging.
* Our Retail Display Packaging is kept to a minimum and uses recycled card
* Any cardboard or plastic we can not used is recycled.
* Our orders are taken in person or online.
* We endeavour to use phone and email, rather than printing where possible.
* All printer ink cartridges are mailed back to the manufacture for recycling.
* Business cards have been printed in recycled paper stock.
* Where possible we will always endeavour to source UK suppliers and manufactures to minimise our Carbon Footprint
91% of our Suppliers are UK based to ensure we can minimise our Carbon Footprint and to support UK Businesses
Definition of Eco-friendly literally means earth-friendly or not harmful to the environment.
Practice examples of how you can develop eco-friendly habits; can be things such as turning off lights in empty rooms, using a programmable thermostat, recycling your household waste and where possible walk rather than use a vehicle to get around.
At The Eco Dog Design Company you could also volunteer to up cycle any of your unwanted fabrics especially Jeans and we will create these into new unique fashionable products for your beloved dog.
Contact The Eco Dog Design Company to find out how you can support and drop off your fabric/ clothing donation.
Looking for a one off Design Dog Coat?... send us your old Jeans and we can make something extra special
We can provide you with quality British Handcrafted products, each design has been rigorously road tested ensuring you will only receive items which we have planned, designed and tweaked ensuring they are at the best they can be.
As we grow as a small business, we listen to customer feedback and will always develop our products and grow our collections to bring you a large unique range of Dog lover Gifts.
As Dogs form the heart of any family household, when you order any product from us they will be gift wrapped using Eco Boxes and recycled Tissue, meaning that you can look forward to your "Happy Post"